– Tuesday at 6pm is Tuesday Tasting ($19) featuring M Bar in the Mandarin Oriental hotel on Boylston St. There will be cocktails such as White Sangria, MO-tality, and Eau de VeeV, which will nicely pair with Steamed Pork Dumplings, Chicken Satay, and Lobster Wontons.
– Wednesday evening imbibe with me when Eastern Standard is a Speakeasy. You need a password to enter; call them to get it. Enjoy free cocktails and appetizers from the roaring twenties at 6:30 followed by discussion about the Prohibition with author Garret Peck (The Prohibition Hangover, 2009).
– Thursday I’m heading to Charlestown for Moroccan tapas at Tangierino. It should have interesting design, cocktails and belly dancing.
– Friday be at the 7th Annual Fall Bash put on by the Boston Young Professionals Assoc. Hang out and expand your circle with 500+ young professionals and grad students with a cool ice breaker. $10 including two drinks.
– Saturday is The Wine Riot! In an expo setting, sample wines, try food pairings, listen to talks, see and be seen. $45.
– Sunday I’ll be checking out the Museum of Fine Arts especially the Vida Y Drama: Modern Mexican Prints exhibit. It should be nice to walk around the emerald necklace and the surrounding hood.
– Monday I’m “breaking the fast” with friends from the Vilna Shul for 70’s style Chinese Food at Shangri-La on Cambridge St in Beacon Hill. I love Chinese food, and there’s nothing better than it after starving.