What I’m up to this week. Maybe I’ll see you there.
– Tuesday is going to have a fun evening in Harvard square. I’m meeting up with a friend at Border Cafe to eat yummy tex-mex and wash it down with a margarita (and maybe some añejo tequila, my favorite sipping liquor). The Cajun Apps sound incredible, check out the Camptown Shrimp on their menu, for example.
Border Cafe, 32 Church Street, Cambridge, MA
– Wednesday night is going to be an interesting study of what happens when you pair Cupcakes and Cachaça, a Brazilian liquor produced from fermented sugarcane juice. The social event features Beija, which means *kiss* in Portuguese. Beija Cachaça is pronounced “BEY-hah kah-SHAH-sah.” Read this blog enough and you’ll have slick, romantic sayings in at least 6 languages.
Alibi, Liberty Hotel, 215 Charles Street, Boston, MA
– Thursday 7pm is going to be epic in that my new company WinBread will be on Pokin’ Holes! The young entrepreneur’s club Dart Boston does a live broadcast weekly where 3 experts poke holes in the model of a new business. The venue is TBD…I will update this post as soon as I find out where the taping is going to take place. If you can’t make it, watch it live at the URL below. Afterward, there is always a Wrap Party at some Boston bar, and, again, I will update this post as soon as I find out details about that.
– Friday — What a beautiful time of the month this is. In order to celebrate the First Friday (not sure how this originated) the Museum of Fine Arts is open late and serving innovative drink. From 5:30 to 9:30 pm “Socialize under the Stars” with the sounds of DJ Dave Pettengill outside in the Calderwood Courtyard and a specialty cocktail from one of the cash bars. For members, the event is free, and for others, entry is free with museum admission (21+).
Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA
– Saturday I’m heading to the beach on the Bustonian for one of Social Boston Sport’s Summer Beach Bashes. A party bus – with beer – going to Duxbury beach – with beer, beach volleyball, ladder ball, frisbee, bocce, and paddle ball – and then another party on the bus – returning to Copley Square at 5pm. Order the $30/each tickets now, or they’ll sell out.
SBS Summer Beach Bash
– Sunday my kickball league starts up. We’re playing at Smith Field in Brighton, near Harvard Square. Registrations for individuals and groups are still available. I hear there is always a pub involved after “recess.” Good times.
Social Boston Sports (SBS) Kickball
– Monday seems like a fun day, with Mojito Mondays going on at the Intercontinental in the edge of the Financial District. Learn how to make Mojitos (one flavored, one traditional) from 6-7pm. RumBa, the bar that is putting this on, is charging $30 with reservation, $35 at the door, which includes 2 Mojitos, exotic apps, a take-home muddler, and mojito recipes. Knowing how to make this Cuban refresco will take your summer from good to great. Yeah, it’s taking place outside on the terrace overlooking the Fort Point Channel.
RumBa, Intercontinental Hotel, 510 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA
More info from the source