What I’m up to this week. Maybe I’ll see you there.
– Tuesday night I’m heading to Downtown Crossing’s Jazz in July. This program takes place every weeknight and many weekdays in July. From 7-9pm Jazz in the Air is playing at the beautiful Mantra restaurant and nightclub. Their chef, Jerry Pabla, battled against Bobby Flay in Iron Chef!
Mantra, 52 Temple Place, Boston, MA 02111
http://www.mantrarestaurant.com (music comes on)
– Wednesday night is going to a fantasmic eating extravaganza at Radius in the Financial District. I knew about this place before I moved here when I was doing research on Restaurants in the book “Top 10 Boston.” From their website: “Radius offers a Modern French menu, a lighter style of cuisine marked by an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, classical technique, and the use of flavored oils, emulsions, juices and reductions.” You had me at emulsions.
Radius, 8 High Street, Boston, MA 02110
– Thursday night I’m celebrating a friend’s end of summer classes at the bar NOIR in Harvard Square.
Noir at the Charles Hotel, 1 Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
– Friday — When was the last time you went to a huge, high energy rock concert? Nickelback with Hinder, Papa Roach, and Saving Abel are playing at Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA as part of the Dark Horse Tour 2009.
– Saturday my band, The Heartsleeves, is playing our “Neo Eclectic, Soul Reflected, Sounds of Real Life” at Carson Beach in South Boston. Swing by Michelle’s Seaside Cafe and watch us rawk the waves from 5-7pm.
Michelle’s Seaside Cafe, 165 William Day Blvd, South Boston, MA 02127
http://theheartsleeves.com (listen to and download our first album free)
– Sunday my band and I are checking out open mic night at 6B Lounge. Maybe we’ll play there.
6B Lounge, 6 Beacon St. Boston MA 02108
– Monday I’m going to try out the 3-course $35 Prix Fixe at Mooo… Steakhouse. This menu is featured every Sunday and Monday in the summer. What a wonderful place it is.
Mooo…, 15 Beacon St, Boston MA 02108
http://mooorestaurant.com (cool music comes on)